RADT 120 - Clinical Radiology II
Provides the inexperienced first year radiologic technology student with the clinical instruction essential to the actual practice of radiography. Students attend an assigned clinical affiliate to observe and participate in the completion of radiographic exams on actual patients under the direct/indirect supervision of a professional radiographer. Students are exposed to radiographic examinations in the areas of general radiography, fluoroscopy, portable radiography, and support areas. The student develops technical, patient care, radiation protection, communication, and critical thinking skills. The student must complete 240 clinical hours to successfully complete this course. PREREQUISITE(S): RADT 119 or consent of program coordinator. COREQUISITE(S): RADT 101 and RADT 111 . Formerly RT 120.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Adhere to clinical policy and procedures.
- Exhibit appropriate professional conduct.
- Develop appropriate and acceptable communication skills with all related interpersonal relationships.
- Demonstrate safe operation of radiographic equipment.
- Organize essential equipment as necessary for related radiographic procedures.
- Demonstrate an acceptable routine process for performing radiographic exams.
- Perform basic routine radiographic examinations with 90 percent accuracy within reasonable time limits according to degree of difficulty, utilizing essential criteria.
- Demonstrate effective use of technique manipulation to produce an optimum quality radiograph.
- Evaluate optimum radiographic image quality, utilizing radiographic criteria.
- Apply radiation protection methods, as indicated by specific radiographic procedures.
- Identify support areas related to a radiology department and discuss their importance in radiology.
- Exhibit knowledge of problem solving skills when applicable in clinical situations.
- Display critical thinking skills with related radiographic pathology.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)