RUSS 102 - Elementary Russian II
(HUMD, GEIR, GEEL, [M])
A continuation of RUSS 101 . Students continue their study of written language, conversation, and composition as they consider cultural themes, language functions, and authentic situations. In-class work is supplemented by 20 hours of online homework. PREREQUISITE(S): RUSS 101 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly RU 102.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Communicate in the target language at an advanced elementary level in the skill areas of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Apply more complex grammatical structures supporting communication at the advanced elementary level of proficiency.
- Exhibit advanced elementary proficiency in the production and recognition of the Cyrillic alphabet.
- Express and appropriately employ complex language functions including expressing routines, making comparisons, and requesting and giving permission.
- Discuss Russian culture and specific cultural practices at the advanced elementary level by using simple sentences.
- Discuss the relationship between the Russian cultural practices and products under consideration at the advanced elementary level by using simple sentences.
- Exhibit appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors through oral presentations at the advanced elementary level as these correspond to increasing linguistic ability in Russian.
- Produce and present a cultural project at the advanced elementary level.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)