SPAN 102 - Elementary Spanish II
(HUMD, GEIR, GEEL, [M])
A continuation of SPAN 101 . Students continue their study of written language, conversation, and composition as they consider cultural themes, language functions, and authentic situations. In-class work is supplemented by 20 hours of online homework. PREREQUISITE(S): SPAN 101 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly SN 102.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Communicate in the target language at an advanced elementary level in the skill areas of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Apply more complex grammatical structures supporting communication at the advanced elementary level of proficiency.
- Express and appropriately employ more complex language functions including the following: expressing routines, making comparisons, and requesting and giving permission.
- Discuss Hispanic culture and specific cultural practices at the advanced elementary level by using simple sentences.
- Discuss the relationship between the cultural practices and products under consideration at the advanced elementary level by using simple sentences.
- Exhibit appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors through oral presentations as these correspond to increasing linguistic ability in Spanish.
- Produce and present a cultural project at the advanced elementary level.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)