STSU 101 - Seminar for International Students
Orientation course for international students. Includes study skills, academic regulations, the American educational system, individual educational and vocational goals, communication skills, and American customs. Especially intended for students during their initial semester of enrollment in conjunction with American language developmental course offerings. Two hours lecture/discussion each week. Formerly DS 104.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Higher Education System of the United States.
- Articulate rules and regulations of Montgomery College.
- Compare and contrast one’s own native culture with the social and cultural values of the United States to understand more fully the realities of culture shock.
- Develop effective study skills for courses in college.
- Apply time management skills
- Clarify academic and career goals.
- Increase oral communication skills through participation in class discussions and oral presentations.
Click here for the Spring 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]