THET 110 - Fundamentals of Acting
(ARTD, GEIR, GEEL) (R and TP/SS only)
An introduction to basic acting skills, including exercises in speech, movement, and imagination. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 101A , READ 120 . Three hours each week. Formerly TH 109.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Define the positions and responsibilities of theatre professionals.
- Apply basic analytic principles to scripted and unscripted contexts.
- Demonstrate the vocal and physical exercises requisite in developing the artist’s instrument.
- Define and employ specialized vocabulary employed by actors and theatre professionals.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of stage space and stage directions.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)