CHEM 150 - Essentials of Organic and Biochemistry
An introduction to organic chemistry emphasizing basic concepts and applications to biological systems. Course especially designed for the student needing a one-semester organic chemistry course. PREREQUISITE(S): CHEM 131 with a grade of C or better or consent of department. Three hours lecture, four hours laboratory each week. Formerly CH 120.
4 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe and predict physical and chemical properties of organic compounds based on functional groups and structure.
- Write structural formulas and assign IUPAC and common names to organic compounds.
- Predict products of organic reactions and relate to biological metabolic pathways.
- Identify structural components of carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, and nucleic acids and relate structure to reactivity.
- Apply safe practices to conduct experiments using organic and biochemistry laboratory techniques.
- Present, analyze and interpret scientific data in written and oral reports.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]