CMGT 190 - Computer Applications in Construction
(R only) CE-R
Reviews software applications in construction project management, administration, estimating, scheduling, and cost control. Topics include an introduction to software packages used in subsequent courses, and Internet applications in construction. PREREQUISITE(S): CMAP 120 or consent of department. Two hours lecture, two hours laboratory each week. Formerly CT 190.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Identify basic computer hardware components used in construction management.
- Demonstrate general computer usage skills. In the construction field .
- Articulate general computer vocabulary.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ‘Windows’ GUI and OS capabilities.
- Use web browser software to navigate the Internet for web-based investigation and communication resources.
- Use word processing software to develop documents for clear communications with project participants.
- Use spreadsheet software to develop spreadsheets for collecting, organizing, and manipulating information.
- Analyze construction plans, as required for performing cost estimating and project scheduling.
- Apply computer based project estimating, using Timberline software tools.
- Apply computer based project scheduling, using Primavera software tools.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)