GDES 234 - Illustration III
Advanced projects selected and completed by students in consultation with the instructor, departmental faculty, or working professionals. PREREQUISITE(S): GDES 135 or consent of department. Two hours lecture, three hours laboratory each week. Formerly GD 234.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Examine possible illustration markets as appropriate targets for self-promotion.
- Assemble key elements of successful illustration in assignments.
- Employ acquired skills using the creative process of making thumbnail sketches using visual images to express an idea.
- Interpret an idea using visual images.
- Create illustrations for use in portfolio and self-promotion.
- Demonstrate knowledge of compositional devices in creating effective illustration.
- Employ a preferred technique to continue and refine and improve that technique.
- Compile and present a successful portfolio.
- Explain copyright issues.
- Explain contract negotiations.
- Explain the process of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Construct a business plan.
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]