IDES 110 - Interiors: Technical Drawing and Drafting
(R only) CE
Introduces basic drawing and drafting techniques, employed as the foundation for all graphic communications for interior designers. Three-dimensional and two-dimensional drawings, as well as freehand sketching, are incorporated in weekly projects and assignments. Two hours lecture/discussion, four hours studio each week. Formerly ID 105.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Use drafting equipment and standard drafting techniques.
- Use the proper equipment and techniques to architecturally letter.
- Demonstrate an understanding of drafting graphic standards.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the NKBA graphic standards.
- Understand what drawings are needed in a set of construction drawings.
- Identify professionals responsible for different parts of a set of construction drawings.
- Identify orthographic, praline and three dimensional drawing types.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)