SPAN 202 - Intermediate Spanish II
(HUMD, GEIR, GEEL, GCP)
A continuation of SPAN 201 . Students further their ability to communicate in Spanish through an advanced consideration of cultural themes and a review of Spanish grammar to support an increased focus on reading and composition. In-class work is supplemented by 10 hours of online homework. PREREQUISITE(S): SPAN 201 or consent of department. Three hours each week. Formerly SN 202.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Communicate in the target language at an advanced intermediate level in the skill areas of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Apply advanced grammatical structures, including subjunctive and conditional clauses, that support communication at the advanced intermediate level of proficiency.
- Compose creative as well as descriptive, narrative, and expository pieces at the advanced intermediate level.
- Express and appropriately employ complex language functions in speech and in writing, including the following: a. expressing opinions b. communicating in specific environments and contexts.
- Describe Hispanic culture and specific cultural practices at the advanced intermediate level of Spanish by using more complex sentences and paragraphs.
- Analyze and interpret authentic cultural products in art, music, film and literature.
- Exhibit appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors through oral presentations as these correspond to increasing linguistic ability in Spanish.
- Produce and present a cultural project at the advanced intermediate level.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)