HINM 115 - Medical Terminology I
(TP/SS only) CE
The basic structure of medical words, including prefixes, suffixes, roots, combining forms, and plurals. Pronunciation, spelling, and definition of medical terms. Emphasis on building a professional vocabulary required of the beginning medical professional. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 101A , MATH 045 /MATH 050 , READ 120 , or consent of program coordinator. Two hours each week. Formerly HI 125.
2 semester hours
May not be taken concurrently withMATH 017 or MATH 020 or MATH 045 without appropriate Math assessment score.
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Analyze words structurally.
- Correlate word elements with basic anatomy, physiology, and disease processes of the human body.
- Demonstrate correct spelling of medical words.
- Demonstrate correct pronunciation of medical words.
- Demonstrate proficiency in communicating through the oral and written use of basic medical terminology.
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2020 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]