CHEM 109L - Chemistry and Society Laboratory
Laboratory work deals with experiments that illustrate the significance of chemistry in our society and reinforces the principles discussed in CHEM 109 . To satisfy the natural sciences lab distribution requirement, CHEM 109L must be taken either concurrently with CHEM 109 or within one calendar year after completing CHEM 109 . PREREQUISITE(S): MATH 050 PRE- or COREQUISITE(S): CHEM 109 . Three hours laboratory each week. Formerly CH 109B.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Locate safety equipment in the laboratory.
- Work safely in the lab.
- Identify common laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrate proper waste disposal.
- Successfully use chemistry laboratory techniques such as weighing, filtration, collection of gases, and precipitation.
- Make observations and collect data.
- Interpret data and do calculations.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)