CHIN 102 - Elementary Chinese II
(HUMD, GEIR, GEEL, [M])
A continuation of CHIN 101 . Students continue to develop the ability to communicate in Chinese through the consideration of cultural themes, language functions, and authentic situations as they acquire the structures and lexicon to work with written language, conversation, and composition. In-class work is supplemented by 20 hours of online homework. PREREQUISITE(S): CHIN 101 or consent of department. Five hours each week. Formerly CN 102.
5 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Communicate in the target language at an advanced elementary level in the skill areas of reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
- Apply more complex grammatical structures supporting communication at the advanced elementary level.
- Exhibit appropriate proficiency in the production and recognition of the Pinyin writing system.
- Express and appropriately employ more complex language functions including the following: expressing routines,making comparisons, requesting and giving permission.
- Discuss Chinese culture and specific cultural practices at the advanced elementary level by using simple sentences.
- Exhibit appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors through oral presentations at the advanced elementary level as these correspond to increasing linguistic ability in Chinese.
- Demonstrate an increased understanding and application of appropriate sociolinguistic behaviors as they develop their linguistic ability in Chinese.
- Produce and present a cultural project at the advanced elementary level.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)