CMAP 106 - Computer Literacy
Examine and practice computing and information technology concepts and skills fundamental to digital devices, digital technologies, digital defense, digital production, and digital socialization. Learn about the computer hardware and peripherals, computer networks, information security, data and file management, operating systems, emerging technologies, and the Internet. Assessment Level(s): AELW 930 /ELAW 980 /ENGL 002 , AELR 930 /ELAR 980 /READ 099 . Three hours each week. Formerly CA 106.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Produce output using computer hardware and peripherals.
- Define the various components of computer networks.
- Describe different types of computer security risks and safeguards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of data and file management.
- Identify different types of social computing tools.
- Apply search techniques using the World Wide Web.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current operating system, accessories, and utilities.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)