EDUC 051 - Praxis I Mathematics Test Preparation
Passing scores on Praxis I: Pre-Professional Skills Test (or another Maryland state-mandated basic skills assessment) are required to earn the Associate of Arts in Teaching degree, as well as for entry into any teacher certification program in Maryland. This course is designed to help prepare students to successfully complete the mathematics portion of the Praxis I. Reviews key mathematics concepts included in the exam plus builds test-taking skills and strategies. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 101A , MATH 050 READ 120 . One hour each week. Formerly ED 051.
1 semester hour
May not be taken concurrently withMATH 017 or MATH 020 or MATH 045 without appropriate Math assessment score.
ONE EQUIVALENT CREDIT HOUR. NOT APPLICABLE TO A DEGREE OR CERTIFICATE. MAY NOT BE USED TO SATISFY DEGREE REQUIREMENTS. NOT INCLUDED IN GPA CALCULATION.
Upon completion of this course a student will be able to:
- Understand the structure, format, and content of the Praxis I Mathematics tests.
- Apply mathematical problem solving strategies and techniques.
- Recognize simple skill level questions and complete them correctly.
- Complete practice tests under simulated conditions.
- Use the class time to review for gotten mathematics skills and to correct any misconceptions.
- See their mathematics as a complete integrated system.
- Apply test taking strategies to earn a passing score as well as to alleviate test anxiety.
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)