RADT 124 - Clinical Radiology III
Covers clinical instruction essential to the applied practice of radiography. Students attend an assigned clinical affiliate to observe and participate in the completion of radiographic exams on actual patients under the direct/indirect supervision of a professional radiographer. In this competency-based program students are assessed in their performance of radiographic examinations in the areas of general radiography, fluoroscopy, and portable radiography. Specialized rotations introduce students to the operating room. The student must complete 240 hours to successfully complete this course. PREREQUISITE(S): RADT 101 , RADT 111 , RADT 120 or consent of program coordinator. COREQUISITE(S): RADT 102 and RADT 112 . Formerly RT 124.
2 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Utilize more appropriate rules of conduct concerning communication and interpersonal relationships.
- Organize more effectively on each of the radiographic units as necessary for specific radiographic procedures.
- Demonstrate mastery of more complex principles in safe operation of radiographic equipment.
- Perform more basic routine radiographic examinations with 90 percent accuracy within reasonable time limits according to the degree of difficulty, utilizing essential criteria.
- Demonstrate more effective use of technique manipulation, at an intermediate level.
- Produce an optimum quality radiograph.
- Apply appropriate radiation protection methods, as indicated by specific radiographic procedures, during procedures and exhibit these methods of the radiographs.
- Evaluate optimum radiographic image quality, at an intermediate level, utilizing more efficiently the fundamental criteria.
- Demonstrate knowledge of surgical suite and c-arm and portable machine manipulation in the surgical environment.
- Exhibit increased knowledge of problem-solving skills when applicable in clinical situations.
- Display critical thinking skills with related radiographic pathology.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)