RADT 125 - Clinical Radiology IV
Covers clinical instruction essential to the applied practice of radiography. Students attend an assigned clinical affiliate to observe and participate in the completion of radiographic exams on actual patients under the direct/indirect supervision of a professional radiographer. Students demonstrate competence in their performance of radiographic examinations in the areas of general radiography, fluoroscopy, and portable radiography. Specialized rotations offer the student an opportunity to develop competence in the areas of the operating room, and pediatrics. The student must complete 360 hours to successfully complete this course. PREREQUISITE(S): RADT 124 or consent of program coordinator. Formerly RT125.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Utilize more appropriate rules of conduct concerning communication and interpersonal relationships.
- Organize more effectively on each of the radiographic units as necessary for specific radiographic procedures.
- Demonstrate mastery of more complex principles in safe operation of radiographic equipment.
- Perform more basic routine radiographic examinations with 90 percent accuracy within reasonable time limits according to the degree of difficulty, utilizing essential criteria.
- Demonstrate more effective use of technique manipulation at an intermediate level
- Produce an optimum quality radiograph.
- Apply appropriate radiation protection methods, as indicated by specific radiographic.
- Evaluate optimum radiographic image quality, at an intermediate level, utilizing more efficiently the fundamental criteria.
- Demonstrate knowledge of surgical suite and C-arm and portable machine manipulation in the surgical environment.
- Exhibit increased knowledge of problem-solving skills when applicable in clinical situations.
- Display critical thinking skills with related radiographic pathology.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)