RADT 224 - Clinical Radiology V
Clinical instruction essential to the actual practice of radiography. Students are assigned a new clinical affiliate to observe and participate in the completion of more complex radiographic exams on actual patients under the direct/indirect supervision of a professional radiographer. In this competency-based course, students demonstrate competency in their performance of advanced radiographic examinations in the areas of general radiography, fluoroscopy, and portable radiography. Specialized rotations offer the student an opportunity to develop competency in the areas of the operating room and pediatrics. Students must complete 360 hours to successfully complete this course. PREREQUISITE(S): RADT 125 or consent of program coordinator. COREQUISITE(S): RADT 206 and RADT 211 . Formerly RT 224.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in all related clinical relationships.
- Exhibit appropriate patient care and communication skills specific to culture, gender, and age.
- Organize and perform more complex radiographic procedures with confidence.
- Demonstrate his or her mastery of higher level skills while safely operating more complex radiographic equipment.
- Perform routine radiographic examinations with 90 percent accuracy or above and within reasonable time limits according to degree of difficulty, utilizing essential criteria.
- Demonstrate effective use of technique manipulation to produce an optimum quality radiograph of more complex nature.
- Employ more complex radiation protection methods during special radiographic procedures and exhibit these methods on radiographs.
- Identify anatomy from radiographs and CT and MRI scans.
- Identify and explain the function of the anatomy and physiology of major body systems.
- Identify and explain the function of advanced imaging modality principles and their applications.
- Review strategies of pediatric patient care.
- Recognize and apply medicolegal terms as they relate to imaging studies and professional behavior.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)