ENES 100 - Introduction to Engineering Design
Overview and application of the basic tools and techniques of engineering design and graphic communications, including CAD, engineering reports, cost analysis, and use of software tools. Group projects are assigned. Assessment Level(s): ELAI 990 or ENGL 101 /ENGL 101A , MATH 165 , READ 120 . Two hours lecture, two hours laboratory each week. Formerly ES 100.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe the engineering design procedures.
- Apply the principles of engineering graphics to create engineering sketches.
- Design and assemble a machine or a structure to perform a specific task in a team effort.
- Apply the basic laws of physics to the design project.
- Translate the design equation into a computer spreadsheet (Excel) and perform a graphic analysis.
- Select the most cost effective design solution which can be completed within the time constraint.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the operation of a parametric computer-aided design system (Pro/Engineer) and use it to create parts. assemblies, and drawings.
- Prepare a design report using a word processor (Word) and present the design project using a presentation tool (PowerPoint).
Click here for the Spring 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2019 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2019 Class Schedule
[Add to Favorites]