COMM 250 - Introduction to Communication Inquiry and Theory
An introduction to the field of communication. Definitions, models, and contexts of communication are examined. Students are introduced to the research process in the field of communication and learn how the process relates to the development of communication theory. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 011 , READ 120 . Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Define communication from a scholarly point of view and describe various models of the human communication process.
- Describe the various contexts of communication: intrapersonal, interpersonal, small group, public, mass communication and new media.
- Distinguish between covering law, rules, and systems approach to communication research.
- Evaluate communication theories based on standard criteria.
- Apply communication theories appropriately to explain communication phenomena.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)