DANC 104 - Modern Dance II
Further study of modern dance as offered in DANC 103 . Includes an understanding of contemporary dance as a creative art form, perfecting technique, developing improvisational skills, experimenting with creative movement studies, and analyzing rhythmic patterns. Review of basic exercises and terminology. PREREQUISITE(S): DANC 103 or consent of department. May be repeated for a maximum of six credits with consent of department. One hour lecture, four hours laboratory each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern dance technique, theory, history, and vocabulary through personal participation and written and oral communication.
- Demonstrate improved technical ability in a variety of modern dance techniques.
- Demonstrate improved ability to combine steps, pick up combinations, and to work in different rhythms and changing directions.
- Explore modern dance movement through structured and free improvisation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the use of technical modern dance skills to develop artistic expression in modern dance, through DVD viewing, live performance, and personal participation.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)