DANC 201 - Ballet III
The development and execution of classical ballet technique on an intermediate level. Concentration is on body alignment, technical accuracy, increased movement vocabulary, and performance quality. Pirouettes, petite batterie, and petit and grand allegro are stressed. PREREQUISITE(S): DANC 102 or consent of department. May be repeated for a maximum of six credits with consent of department. One hour lecture, four hours laboratory each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate increased technical ability, control, and balance.
- Demonstrate improved skill at picking up complex combinations.
- Increase speed, power and endurance.
- Demonstrate improved musicality, classical line, and expressive performance skills.
- Demonstrate improved skills at reversing steps and combinations.
- Demonstrate understanding of ballet as a performing art in written and oral communication.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)