NWIT 252 - Cisco Networking 2
Describe basic switching concepts and technologies such as Switching, VLANs, and trunking. Learn Spanning Tree Protocol and EtherChannel architecture. Configure and troubleshoot a small switched network. Describe the purpose and operation of a router. Perform basic router configurations, including static routing, default routing, and Inter-VLAN routing. Describe the concepts of FHRP and Switch Security Configuration. It also describes the WLAN concepts and configuration. Describe the operations and benefits of Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) and SLAAC/DHCPv6. In addition, this course is the second in a series of courses designed to prepare students for the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) examination. PREREQUISITE(S): NWIT 151 or completion of Cisco Academy Semester 1 (Exploration 1), or consent of department. Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Explain the role of switches and routers in a small LAN environment.
- Cable and configure routers in a simulated LAN environment.
- Cable and configure switches in a simulated LAN environment.
- Explain and configure the router basic configuration and static routing protocol.
- Explain and configure DHCP, DHCPv6 and FHRP.
- Explain WLAN configuration and security.
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)