PHED 152 - Basketball
Individual physical skills, team play, rules, and game strategy including techniques in passing, shooting, dribbling, offensive and defensive play. Assessment Level(s): AELW 940 /ENGL 002 , AELR 920 /READ 095 . Two hours each week.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiencies in the following skills: passing, offensive post moves, lay-ups, defensive post play, shooting, perimeter defense, setting/using screens and defending screens.
- Explain, execute, and diagram both man and zone defenses and offenses.
- Appreciate how two-versus-two and three-versus-three concepts are integral to the development of the five-versus-five concept.
- Apply the basic rules of the sport of basketball to his or her games.
- Design and diagram three-versus-three offensive schemes.
- Improve their physical conditioning through a combination of aerobic and non-aerobic exercise.
- Keep track of skill progression and development through personalized logs.
Click here for the Fall 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer I 2022 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)