Sep 29, 2023
FIRE 102 - Fire Behavior and Combustion
Explores the theories and fundamentals of how and why fires start and spread, and how they are controlled. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 011 . Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
Upon completion of this course, a student will be able to:
- Identify physical properties of the three states of matter.
- Categorize the components of fire.
- Recall the physical and chemical properties of fire.
- Describe and apply the process of burning.
- Define and use basic terms and concepts associated with the chemistry and dynamics of fire.
- Describe the dynamics of fire.
- Discuss various materials and their relationship to fires as fuel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the characteristics of water as a fire suppression agent.
- Articulate other suppression agents and strategies.
- Compare other methods and techniques of fire extinguishments.
View Schedule of Classes
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)