STSU 112 - Building Math Confidence
Designed for those who want to improve their attitude toward mathematics. Explores feelings and develops strategies to overcome math phobia. Emphasis will be placed on problem-solving approaches to diagrammed, descriptive, and symbolic number problems. This course is open to students at all levels of mathematical skills, whether preparing for a job, college courses, a test, or living in a world where numbers matter. One hour lecture/discussion each week. Formerly DS 112.
1 semester hour
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding how management of success in mathematics differs from all other academic subjects.
- Identify personal strengths and weaknesses in the study of mathematics.
- Demonstrate specific math study skills such as time management, homework skills, reading math book, math test-taking skills and relaxation.
- Explain how math anxiety impacts the study of mathematics
- Create a positive learning environment for mathematics.
- Develop a math educational plan that is consistent with the student’s major.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)