THET 110 - Fundamentals of Acting
(ARTD) (R and TP/SS only)
An introduction to basic acting skills, including exercises in speech, movement, and imagination. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 101A , READ 120 . Three hours each week. Formerly TH 109.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Define the positions and responsibilities of theatre professionals.
- Apply basic analytic principles to scripted and unscripted contexts.
- Demonstrate the vocal and physical exercises requisite in developing the artist’s instrument.
- Define and employ specialized vocabulary employed by actors and theatre professionals.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of stage space and stage directions.
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Extended Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)