THET 118 - Theatrical Makeup Techniques
A study of theories and techniques of theatrical makeup. This course is designed to familiarize students with the materials and their application, with each student experiencing the techniques involved in corrective, character, and special effects makeup. Assessment Level(s): ENGL 101 /ENGL 101A , READ 120 . Two hours lecture/demonstration, two hours laboratory each week. Formerly TH 119.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Critically analyze costume designs as they apply to the stage.
- Identify facial structure and how to alter it through the principles of highlight and shadow.
- Analyze how colors will effect shape and how lighting can be used with makeup to manipulate illusions.
- Analyze their characters and learn how to interpret through makeup.
- Identify the different types of makeup which are available, along with the benefits and drawbacks of each as well as how to apply them.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)