BLDG 182 - Renewable and Sustainable Energy Technologies
An introduction to the theory, principles, and applications of renewable and sustainable energy technologies. Topics include solar thermal and solar photovoltaic systems, hydropower, wind generators, geothermal, biofuels, fuel cells, and climate change and fossil fuels. Three hours each week. Formerly BU 182.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe the operation of a solar PV electrical system.
- Describe the operation of a solar thermal heating system.
- Describe the effects of combustion on the atmosphere and climate.
- Describe the operation of a geothermal power plant.
- Discuss the implications of a transition away from fossil fuels and toward hydrogen technology.
- Describe the operation of a wind turbine.
- Describe the operation of a hydropower system.
Click here for the Summer I 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Summer II 2020 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)