BLDG 184 - Solar PV Design and Installation
An overview of the fundamentals necessary to design and install a solar photovoltaic electrical system. Topics include grid-tied and battery systems, sizing, mounting, equipment, permitting, code requirements, and financial and environmental incentives. Successful completion of this course allows students to take the NABCEP PV Entry Level Exam. Three hours lecture, one hour laboratory each week. Formerly BU 184.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Describe the operation of a grid-tied solar PV electrical system.
- Identify electrical specifications of solar PV modules.
- Describe the operation of a DC-AC inverter.
- Identify resources that provide financial incentive information as it applies to the installation of solar PV systems.
- Identify various types of PV module mounting systems.
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)