DANC 202 - Ballet IV
Progression of classical ballet training as presented in DANC 201 . Emphasis is on increased technical skill through the introduction of complex adagio and allegro combinations. Musicality, style, and theatricality are stressed. PREREQUISITE(S): DANC 201 or consent of department. May be repeated for a maximum of six credits with consent of department. One hour lecture, four hours laboratory each week. Formerly DN 202.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate increased technical ability, control, and balance.
- Demonstrate improved skill at picking up lengthy and complex combinations.
- Demonstrate increased speed, power, and endurance.
- Demonstrate increasingly complex ballet steps and combinations.
- Demonstrate improved musicality, classical line, and expressive performance skills.
- Show an understanding of various ballet styles in performance as well as written and oral communication.
Click here for the Spring 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Winter 2022 Class Schedule
Click here for the Fall 2021 Class Schedule
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)