Feb 23, 2024
NWIT 247 - Introduction to Incident Response
A methodical approach to dealing with the aftermath of a security breach (also known as an incident). Students will learn how to manage incidents so that damage is limited and recovery time is optimal. Most organizations accept the fact that they will eventually be compromised despite implementing security best practices. As a result, they redirect strategies from the traditional defense-in-depth approach to an assume breach model. Organizations are improving their incident response capabilities by creating sophisticated incident response plans and elite incident response teams. PREREQUISITE(S): NWIT 246 or consent of department. Three hours each week.
3 semester hours
Upon course completion, a student will be able to:
- Integrate recovery into an organization’s enterprise risk management lifecycle.
- Determine whether recovery strategies focus on tactical or strategic outcomes.
- Implement a plan for continuous improvement to mitigate the likelihood and impact of incidents.
- Analyze current best approaches practiced by other organizations and industries.
- Develop a comprehensive incident response plan.
View Schedule of Classes
Add to Favorites (opens a new window)